2022 Unit 42 Network Threat Trends Research Report
Published by Palo Alto Networks
Threats have increased exponentially with no signs of slowing down. According to our Unit 42 Threat Research team, attacks have increased 15% from 2020 to 2021, reaching an all-time high – 3X more than what we’ve observed prior to the uptick in remote work due to COVID-19. Furthermore, we observed that:
- Malicious samples percentage doubled from 2020 to 2021.
- Over 262 million network exploit attempts were observed in 2021.
- Remote code execution is the most exploited vulnerability type.
In 2021, we witnessed 11 million active exploitation attempts for Log4Shell alone, and the number of detections is still rising. Adversaries continue to find new ways to bypass security defenses and successfully breach a network – from automation and as-a-service offerings to using sophisticated tools or evasive tactics. These tools make it easier than ever for attackers to create completely customizable command-and-control (C2) channels that cannot be stopped with traditional approaches.
In order for organizations to keep pace with the overwhelming speed and proliferation of modern-day attacks, they need to understand the current state of threats and vulnerabilities.
Read the "2022 Unit 42 Network Threat Trends Research Report" to get the latest insights into network threat trends from the previous year’s most successful attacks. In this report, you will learn:
- The different tactics used to deliver sophisticated attacks like Red Team tools.
- How adversaries are using advanced obfuscation and encryption techniques to evade detection.
- How to defend against emerging advanced threats while reducing risk.
- The key considerations when assessing your organization’s security posture.
Server, Data Centers, Software, Applications, Open Source, Network, Network Security, Operating System, Data Centers, Firewall, VPN, Malware, Network Security, Security Solutions, ERP, Android, Data Center, Firewall, VPN, Data Centers, Server, Microsoft Exchange, SAN, Cloud, Analytics, Machine Learning, SASE, SASE, IOT, Server, Software, Goals, Distribution, ROI, Oracle, SAP